HybridZ

It's not alive, but it's here!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The engine is in my driveway. I'm gonna unload it in the morning. We got everything we could think of from the car... as much of the wiring harness as possible, though we may go with a painless harness, we got the dual electric fans, and even if they don't fit, I'll just put them on ebay icon_smile.gif and the AC condenser too, nice aluminum unit, should work nicely. The engine has all of the sensors, serpentine setup, all the stuff to go with it, so now it's on to polishing everything... a long but results worthy task!

anybody know anything about the painless harnesses? I've just heard they are easier than the pain-in-the-ass stock unit... but is it worth the several hundred dollars??

I'm gonna try to start a web site with pics of everything as soon as I get to it...

Kris

I did the tpi swap with the stock harness. The wiring was the most challenging part without a doubt. You must have the Helms manual, about $100. I just could not justify paying for a new harness when I got the original one free with the motor. The other advantage is that when you are done you get an education about your motor that is worth thousands. I would encourage you to at least try. You can always buy the Painless harness if it the rewiring is too much for you. And the Helms manual is a worthwhile investment, IMHO, even if you do go the Painless route.

Guest Anonymous

Dan,

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely get that manual. My biggest problem is the fact that we cut the wiring harness off where it went inside the car, though I think that all of the engine control systems go to the computer under the hood, and the inside stuff was all just stuff like wiper controls and lights and things. I'm hoping this is so but can anyone confirm this for me? The only thing I am most concerned with being in the car that I need (which I can still get, I'll just have to splice) is the computer scan port, which I will want to use for editing the computer. Is this inside the car? If so I will email the guy I bought the engine from, he said he would be happy to give me anything else I needed that didn't get, and that the car will be around for a while before being junked.

Thanks alot,

Kris

Guest super280z

Kris,

first of all, congrats on the engine score. to answer your first question, the stock harness is cool to work with, especially if you're working on getting a 6 speed, or anything but the 4l60e. the painless harness is great but in my opinion notr worth the money. yes the engine side is seperate from the rest of the car but since you cut the harness, you'll be limited to aftermarket or stock datsun guages. also since you mentioned the ALDL port (scanning port)you will have to splice the wires into the stock harness. i would see if i could get the underdash harness that the port is on and just splice it back into your harness. did you get the fuse panel as well? i hope this helps and as usual keep us posted

here's some links to some helpful info.

http://www.lt1350.com/

http://www.lt1tech.com/