HybridZ

Basic Trouble shooting

clint78z

Well on the weekend things were going good I got the intake manifold put back on with the new gasket. I fired the car up and it idled at the normal 1000rpm icon_smile.gif Then I backed it out of the garage, it ran low on power. It started bucking and chucking then it died. I restarted, and it died again. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif At this point I was really past the point of amusement. It was dead at the end of our 1/4mile lane. I had to do a one man recovery with the Pathfinder, that was interesting. I plug in the laptop and mess with fuel setting, a couple of puts but nothing. So I screamed at it, nothing again. So I left, if the darn thing wasn't going to play nice. Next morning I start rechecking connections, and next step is to pull the fuel rail and check the spray pattern. Then I hear from my dad "Do you have gas in it" DOH. It's funny how no matter how you set up a motor, if you don't have gas in it, it won't run. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

The motor purrs like a kitten at idle, I am very happy so far. Now I just have to treat it nice until it is broken in.

Next week I should be road bound, and ready for 3" exhaust, and a front end alignment.

I've read where Physist claim the closer your get to the basic structure of a theory in physics the simpler the explanation for that theory will be.

Your engine as complicated as it may be..still needs fuel/dont forget the gas can!

Good story & sorry for the frustration...been there-done that.

Kevin,

Yea,Still an Inliner)