HybridZ

fuel rail

Guest Anonymous

i would first try summit at 800 # since its free.next try kinsler injection or twm induction.kinsler is like a supply house to race teams .you know-people that know what they want or what they are building.not people with $30 worth of tools and big dreams.i had one of thier catalogs and lost it but it was very informative.twm has lots of trick stuff -like throttle bodys that bolt to weber manifolds so you could build a 6 throttle fi system.if you are really a cheapo like me you could just copy the rail on sds website and powder coat it.

AEM used to carry it, too. Haven't talked with them in a while, but I would imagine that they still do.

I'm not sure what you have for injectors, but if it's at all possible, I'd recommend switching to o-ring style injectors (if you don't have them already). They are much, much easier to work with than the hose barb style. I have both my manifold and fuel rail setup to use o-ring injectors, and I can r&r them in about 5 minutes.

I was talking with James (240Z turbo) recently, and he mentioned having found suitably sized oem injectors that used the stock Z mounting config at the manifold, and had o-rings at the fuel rail. Don't remember the specifics - maybe he will chime in.

• 1 year later...
Guest Anonymous

Making a fuel rail is simple. Get 2 foot of the stock evan was talking about. Now mark where you need to drill holes for the injector barbs. Drill and tap them (1/4 npt)(drill press makes it a lot easier), then drill and tap the end for 3/8ths(i used an-6 fuel/return line).

FuelRail.jpg

FinalFR1.jpg

Guest Anonymous

thanks for the pics z ferrari. i have one last question what do u do about the fuel regulator thingy?? would i need to buy an aftermarket one or relocate the stock one?? sorry i forgot but i have one other question where is your AFM on your car??

Guest Anonymous

The fuel pressure regulator has to be relocated to the firewall or anywhere that you can think of to bolt it down as long as you can get vacuum and fuel line to it.

I have my stock regulator temporarily mounted to one of the valve cover bolts on the passenger side of the engine. When I decide to mess with it, I will mount an aftermarket unit to the firewall. There are also units available that screw into the rail itself and hang off the "exit" end of the rail.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

Good post,

I want to make my own fuel rail, I need some rail material to drill to, like Z ferrari's.. but the link evan posted was dead cry2.gif

anyone have another place to buy from (I'd imagine summit is expen$ive!)

Thanks

-980mak rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Scottie!

I got home at 4:50 (early) from work today ready to give Electromotive TEC a call, then I realized they were on the east coast malebitchslap.gifmalebitchslap.gif !!

D'oh!

Well, its $4/foor cheaper at azspeed, but if Kenny had trouble I might have better luck paying 16 for the electromotive kind.

I bought a tap/die set on ebay for $20 shipped, can't wait for it to get here... I haven't tapped or done AN fittings before so this may be a trying experience weird.gif , does anyone know where to get brass injector fittings for the rail?

-980mak rockon.gif