HybridZ

I want to get started on my 85 300zx

Hey,

I am about to undertake a conversion for my 85 n/a 300zx and was going to use a rebuilt 350 and a tranny out of my uncle's 71 camaro. I was wondering If it could be done and what i would need.

I have looked on this site for alot of thing concerning a 2nd gen. conversion. But, none of the sites will pull up. I was wondering specifically about the ECU and what i could live with out. I also have an digital dash that is not working and understand that can cost an arm and a leg, and was wondering if it could be converted to needle-type. Thanx for the help

GetInTheZ flamedevil.gif

There is another new guy on the site that has a 300ZX V8, maybe you guys can get together and talk.

shane vincent

Member # 1507

posted December 02, 2001 02:44 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hI GUYS just put a 400hp 350 in my 300zx and i need to know how to hook up the tac and temp generally im wondering anbout the wire colors in the dash. My gages are digital and i want to have the tac working weither it be acurate or not. just for looks you guys know how it is.i have figured out the speedo considering that i have the eletric drive 700r4 i had a 280zx with along gages and i hooked then into the instrument cluster from the sensor but the 300zx is new to me and i havent had a chance to run the wire colors down right just yet all help will be appreciated thanx.

He posted this under "Trouble shooting/General engine"

Thanx,

I've just got a couple questions about the ecu and if the engine will fit. I'm gonna put a 327 with a 4 barrell Holley with air cleaner coming out of the hood.(NICE) and a tranny out of a camaro that i hope will hold up. I'm pretty sure it would fit but just want to make sure of a couple thing before i yank it out of there and screw it all up. flamedevil.gif