HybridZ

Intake question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I told you guys I would have a bunch icon_smile.gif

The motor I have is an '83 2 barrel. I will make the intake pipe from the turbo to motor.

Question - I thought about machining out the area between the two holes in the intake and just use it. The resulting area would be larger than the pipe from the turbo, so I thought this would work. I don't think I have clearance for a true GN intake/turbo system. The hood is about 1 inch higher then the distributor (HEI). And I don't want to cut an expensive hood (about 400 bucks these days). I did find a 4 barrel intake off a 4.1 at the JY - would that be worth the 50 bucks?

Thanks again (I think I will be saying this a lot icon_smile.gif )

Phil

Guest Anonymous

Ye smart ones did not respond to this one. Ether a dumb question of not enough information.

More info. The two barrel manfold has two holes that are square and seperated by about 3/4 inches of material. Inside the holes the "hole" is rounded up about 1/2 inch deep. After the round section both holes open up into a single plenum that connects to all runners (kind of like a mini Torker manifold). I though about cutting the center out so it would be an open plenum design. Would that work?

Now if it was a dumb question you can tell me - I can take it icon_smile.gif

Phil

I deny all wrong doings/knowledge & refute all allegations of my wherabouts as to the appropriate answer to your questions.

"Havent gotta a clue"!

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

PS: The only dumb question is the one not asked...I'm sure someone has the answer-its just a matter of them logging in & reading your question/Timing is Everything!

If you are making the pipe that will feed this, why not? You build it, you match it.

I dont see why the 4 barrel manifold would be of any advantage... with boost.

The 2bbl manifold you have matches the heads you have. (Do the 4bbl heads have larger ports? if so, the 4bbl manifold would be a bad move as well as an extra expense).

My wife has a 69 roadster with a 2 liter Toyota in it. The side drafts & header fill the engine bay pretty good. Your v6 should be awesome.

Guest Anonymous

Hey AG - do you have pictures of your Roadster? A lot of people would be interested in seeing it. You guys should join on the the Roadster clubs in CA - nice bunch of folks.

I agree - I don't think the 4-B will give me anything. I will go ahead and machine it and get it looking new. Now for that water to air intercooler icon_smile.gif

Phil