HybridZ

Buick Turbo Engine & Trans For Sale

Engine is stock, $1500 http://www.turbobuicks.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000418.html

Trans has a 2800 stall converter and shift kit, $500 http://www.turbobuicks.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000419.html

Also has the complete engine harness, $200. Sounds like a nice $2K package to me.

[ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: Scottie-GNZ ]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

hey Scottie...how difficult was your swap? I've still got quite a few years, and well...I'd like to be able to sneak up on the ricers, without scaring them away with the burble of a built small block...

There is no kit for the V-6 swap, so how difficult it is depends on your fabrication skills.

The approach I have advised others to take is as follows: bolt up the engine and trans with the headers and crossover pipe. Put the trans crossmember on (simple JTR-type that bolts to the floor). Put drivetrain in as far back as it will go leaving room for the DP to run level with the pass side plugs then go down by the firewall. Further back you go is the less chance you have to muck with the steering rod. Check for clearance with the crossover and the end of the T/C and with the crank pulley and the steering rack. Once it looks like it is in the correct setback position, jack up the trans crossmember against the floor. From that point on you might need to do some up/down and maybe side-to-side adjustment of the engine. Once you get the final location, I like to use very thin sheet metal and duct tape and with shears, mock up the motor mount bracket to go between the original Datsun stand and the motor mount or like it was done on my car, between the crossmember and the motor mount. Once you are certain you have a good mockup, take it to a machine shop and have it made.

Getting ready to help a buddy put a hot 4.1L V-6 turbo in a 2nd gen RX-7.

Here are pics showing my brackets welded onto the crossmember, the engine in place-note the pulley sits right over the crossmember and also a shot of the pass side with the DP in place.

HTH.

enginebay.jpg

installed2.jpg

thdp-tta2.jpg

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: Scottie-GNZ ]

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: Scottie-GNZ ]