HybridZ

gn drivetrain in a z32?

Guest confuZed

Guest MegaShaft_2000
Originally posted by Scottie-GNZ:

Sorry you were offended by my statement and it was not directed at you specifically. I have heartburn with the attitudes of most TTZ owners and to be honest, I would not take the statement back. The fact that you are on this forum, though, says you are allright by me. I still have memories of being lambasted on the 90-96 zcar.com forum by TTZs that could not stay close enough to read my license plate and by others that turned out to have faked their "super performance". All I did was ask why Z32 owners find it so hard to give any other make credit :rolleyes: .

Sorry for taking offense so easily, I guess I am just edgy from getting shot down on the Z32 forums all the time.

I agree that the vast majority of Z32 owners are exactly like you say. Many will not give any domestic car any credit, no matter how fast or powerful it is. Most users on the TTZ forums are not technical at all and cannot work on a car, let alone drop in a part that was not marketed to fit that particular car. They have shops do everything for them and have no mechanical knowledge.

Unfortunately for me, I have no technical/mechanical support group like HybridZ for my Z32. The guys on the Z32 groups I go to usually blast me if I actually have an idea that does not conform to the ideas of others on those groups.

I come on here because I am interested in these conversions, and it's a relief seeing the unique work done by people who are not afraid to get their hands dirty. I'm hoping to someday get a 240Z myself. Unlike most Z32 owners, I come from a mechanical background as my dad has been a mechanic/machinist for about 30 years, and I occasionally do metalworking myself. Out of the hundreds of guys on the Z32 forums I go on, just about none of them have any experience doing anything with shop equipment, like working a lathe or milling machine, cutting, or welding. On there, they feel the notion that an individual can actually *make* something is simply ridiculous. Their knowledge of a part for the car is limited to what the box that it came in says.

I also try to pick up some info on parts I can use on my car. On the Z32 forums, if the part is not marketed and sold by a company like HKS/Greddy/Stillen, they say it is garbage. They don't seem to understand that HKS/Greddy/Stillen do not actually MAKE the part, they just mark them up and sell them under their name.

Sorry for my long-winded post, but it's frustrating trying to find legit information on the Z32 boards.