HybridZ

lots of questions i need answering

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok here goes...

i want to change alot of things on my 84 300 zx

what are these rb motors i keep hearing about? what type of rb motor is the best? what are the prices for the types of rb motors? Where can i buy one of these rb motors? where can i get a transmission to fit the rb motor? Can the rb motor hold twin turbos? where can i get twin turbos for and rb motor? if i put in an rb motor and twin turbos and new transmission how much money will it cost me? And how many horses will i end up pushing? and what will my quarter mile time end up looking like?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Thats a lot of questions, I've only got answers for some of them.

RB series engines come in Skylines, Cefiros and maybe a couple of other Nissans I'm not too sure what else.

They are very very good straight 6s, very strong and they can make a lot of power.

They come in 2, 2.5, 2.6 and 3L varieties, they are all double over head cam except for the 3Ls which only came in R30/R31s and I don't think they are making any more.

The 2 and 2.5s come in non and single turbo versions, 2L non turbo is about 155hp, turbo around 200, 2.5s are about 180 non turbo and around 220 I think turbo, and the 2.6 is a twin turbo engine making stock around 300hp.

The engine you want for making the big power is the RB26DETT from a GTR Skyline, only problem is that Skylines weren't offically brought in to the US making parts and engines hard to get an expensive, now if you lived somewhere like New Zealand (like me) where you see 50 Skylines a day .. smile.gif

Transmissions, you need an Skyline R33 GTS 5 speed.

Motors are quite expensive, around $3500+ USD I think.

I know that in a pretty much stock 240Z with an RB26DETT most people end up doing very low 11s, but a 300ZX weights a bit more so maybe mid - high 11s on stock boost.

Thats about all I can answer, if I've said something wrong please correct me.

Also, I don't know how well anything other than an RB20 will fit in a Z31 300ZX, you shouldn't have too much trouble putting the bigger ones in I don't think, engine bay will be very cramped though and I don't think you'll fit a twin turbo engine in there with the steering from what I understand.