HybridZ

Hemi in a Z

kalium99

Hey, not sure if you guys are familiar with the 265 Aussie delivered Hemi, but I was thinking that one of these beast would be a great conversion into a Z. They are cheap, and there are carbied Turbo`ed 265`s running 9sec down the 1/4.

A turbo`ed 265 Hemi is now definately up there in my engine choices.....

What do you guys think ??

Guest Anonymous

Sounds cool, who makes it (sorry some of us yanks aren't familiar with it)? Also, he hasn't posted in a while, but theres a great crossflow headed Ford straight six you guys get that we don't. (The guy I was talking about had it in a early mustang, great swap.)

Regards,

Lone

Guest 26ounce

The 265 hemi powered the Australian version of the Chrysler Charger. The hemi six was initially designed as a truck engine in the states but Chrysler Australia modified it for performance. In its heyday the Aussie Charger was supposedly the fastest 1/4 mile production car in the world.

Check out

http://www.ergonomics.com.au/charger.htm

I heard that the 4 litre 6s used in Jeeps are directly descended from this motor, can anyone confirm, or deny this?

Guest Anonymous

The body similar to the Barracuda they sold here (not the glass fastback, the sedan type). That motor could be a decendent of the jeep six, it looks somewhat like a AMC six. Chryslers here used the slant 6 unfortunately which truly is a great motor and can be pumped up and the darn thing takes a grenade to kill it, but its not exactly a performance motor and its heavy. Thanks for sharing the info on the 265, appreciated.

Regards,

Lone

• 2 weeks later...