HybridZ

supercharged 3.8 liter ford v6?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone has ever thought of doing a swap like this into a z. I had the chance to drive a slightly modified thunderbird supercoupe a while back, and it kicked ass. That power in a lighter z car would be awesome! And with the lighter weight of the z cars, maybe the ford 5 speed wouldn't keep losing 2nd gear! 2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

Yes, it might make an interesting conversion with nice power , however, in my experience fords are always needing repairs.For example; I fixed more fords in three yesrs than Nissans in six years!!!

I would consider a Chevy 4.3 vorech V6 engine.

Be very careful with that engine. My friend's shop has had SEVERAL in with blown head gaskets and when they go they REALLY go! He's had to replace at least two of those engines. It would probably run like stink in a light Z and be really unique but there are other options for making big power out there too.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah those 3.8L have fragile head gaskets in stock form. I certainly wouldn't supercharge (or even own another one). They are plenty better motors out there.