HybridZ

alternative motor 280zx

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I hav owned a 1982 280zx 4 a year now real nice lookin car but i am ready 4 it to go faster. Any info would b nice(big v8 super or turbo charging L28, 300zx turbo ect ect) Money is no object, what would be best

CHEERS cheers.gif

Guest Dan0myte

You have to decide for yourself what kind of dynamics you want for the car. Where do you want your powerband? How light or heavy do you want your car to be? What's the ultimate power goal? How reliable do you want this project to be? Will it be daily driven, or just an enthusiast vehicle?

You have to answer all those questions to find out the best drivetrain set up to use.

well he wants no money fast so here's what i suggest

Lexus Quad Cam V8

fully machined block w/ 8.0:1 compression pistons and superforged I beam style rods

oversize 2mm valves

port polish head

twin 6-71 supercharger @ 20 psi each

4030 crank

dowel pinned block

1000cc fuel injecton

motec mtx8

cusco zero2r coilovers

17x10 Regamaster EVO w/ R3SO3 tires

fully adjustable chromolly suspension arms

HKS sequential transmission

enjoy 2000 hp.

Guest Zachb55

Very nice proposition, for something with a little less horsepower but still extremely awesome, you could go for the 2JZ full custom twin turbo setup w/AEM computer and just everything imaginable done to it, you would end up with what i would think of as a not only powerful but beautiful setup, what looks better then a couple of huge turbos and a monsterous intercooler?

-Zach

Guest Ian turbo240

If money were no object, sorry fella's, but I wouldn't be building a Z. I'd drop my new Ferrari 575M Maranello off at Corky Bell's shop and pick it up when the twin turbo setup was done.

Ian