HybridZ

cartech manifold anyone?

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Morgan:

Anyone have/used/seen cartech's t4 manifold for l28 engines? If so, opinions?

Yes. My exhaust manifold was originally done by Cartech, for their triple Mikuni blow through system. It is the same manifold that I was referring to in the previous post, last week.

It is basically a stock cast turbo manifold with a T04 4-bolt flange grafted on, and a 1.5" external Wastegate flange located underneath the turbine outlet flange, as I had described before.

Mine was purchased in the late '80s, so it may be somewhat different, now, but I'd wager that they are pretty much the same.

The manifold has worked fine for me for quite some time, now. The quality of the work done was acceptable, but it could benefit from some internal porting at the turbine outlet flange, and at the spot where the tube for the wastegate tube (it's a tube with a flange on it, welded into a hole on the underside of the manifold) comes into the manifold. A half-hour with a die grinder fixed this, though.

I recently modified mine to allow fitment of a considerably larger wastegate, as I couldn't find a wastegate with a 1.5" inlet that was suitable for more than ~300-350hp. The Deltagate will fit on it, but the RaceGate won't. So, if your goals are for <350hp, it will work fine pretty much as is. Otherwise, you may need a larger wastegate outlet (unless they've already changed that).