HybridZ

Eclipse Turbo

Guest Jason

Guest Jason

I saw an older style (not the jellybean) Eclipse turbo at the junkyard today. It had everything but the air filter. I grabbed the intercooler to be used in a friend's non-intercooled 200sx turbo.

Could the turbo, injectors (or anything else off the car) be worth taking for the 200sx or some other project? I'm not sure if a mitsu turbo would bolt on. The family has this older Pathfinder which I can tell is begging for a turbo or two.

Somebody had already unbolted the pipe fitting for the compressed air side, and it looked like a little water had gotten in. It put a little surface rust on the inside (which I polished off with my fingertip), but nothing major.

[This message has been edited by Jason (edited March 29, 2001).]

quote:

Originally posted by Jason:

I saw an older style (not the jellybean) Eclipse turbo at the junkyard today. It had everything but the air filter. I grabbed the intercooler to be used in a friend's non-intercooled 200sx turbo.

Could the turbo, injectors (or anything else off the car) be worth taking for the 200sx or some other project? I'm not sure if a mitsu turbo would bolt on. The family has this older Pathfinder which I can tell is begging for a turbo or two.

Somebody had already unbolted the pipe fitting for the compressed air side, and it looked like a little water had gotten in. It put a little surface rust on the inside (which I polished off with my fingertip), but nothing major.

[This message has been edited by Jason (edited March 29, 2001).]