HybridZ

Turbo piping update

clint78z

Well after trying to get Scotties wonderful mandrel pipe to fit on my 78z, it just wouldn't clear icon_sad.gif . So I decided to do a temporary fix with muffler elbows and pipe. I was able to get the pipe in the same place as Scotties old setup and clear the distributor. I also made up a spacer and made the stock fan fit with the shroud as well. Now instead of going with silicone elbows which are $$, I used rubber plumbing elbows. The cool thing about these is the pipe actually butts up against the elbow to further reduce chance of leaks and blow offs. I am a bit worried that the one on the turbo won't take the heat but we will see.

I plan to make some drawings for others after I get the car going. Hopefulley it will be soon considering my busy schedule.

Yes it is too bad it wouldn't clear, however you were very clear in saying there could be some snags. I appreciate the other pipes though icon_smile.gif, definately a fine job.

I talked to Melodie, I am going to doing some measuring for her on Sunday. I will more than likely do some AutoCad drawings up since that's what I do. Hopefulley I can lay out the entire package, for a 280z with A/C. Been a busy bee lately !!

Hows the new intercooler working?? I think the NPR will be more than I will ever need.