HybridZ

300zxt swap?

GrayZee

Ok I already got my hands full and I shouldn't even think it but.. JUST CURIOUS.. anyone know how hard it would be to put a 300turbo (84 I think)in a 87 Pathfinder V6? I'm fixing up the Pathfinder for winter, but I do know where to get my hands on a 300zx turbo engine real cheap..

Guest Anonymous

I have been considering this same idea for my 77 620 truck as I have seen it done in several 510s. I'm not sure how much room you have in the pathfinder but one way to give yourself a little insight would be to pull the 300 next to the pathfinder and get a tape measure and start measuring for clearance problems. The biggest problem I can see for your application is the 6 in the pathfinder is pretty tight in the engine bay already. This is nothing a little fabrication can't take care of providing you or someone you know has the knowkedge to do it. Let me know how the project goes.

Guest Anonymous

As long as the 6 in your truck is the VG30 (SOHC) than the 300 engine will bolt up. One thing that might hamper your progress is whether you have 4WD.