HybridZ

Z31 ecu easy to read pinout guide I made

I spent a long time understanding electrical systems and cars thanks to Z's.

The 300zx ECU swap fo the L28ET was my biggest learning moment yet, and the confusion was due to mixed info online or across different diagrams.

This pinout sheet was built for my 1987 300zx Turbo ECU (a18-682 m92 California Manual). I used it to build my own harness.

"CC" is Check Connector, some form of OBD1, but I can't find much information on the Z31 usage. Everything seems biased towards the Z32.

In regards to the California spec ecu, I've only been able to find a wiring difference with the 1988-1989 ECU's which also use High Impedance injectors compared to low impedance from 1987 and lower. 

The '88 ECU adds Exhaust Gas Temp sensor wired to Pin 30 instead of Pin 30 going to the MAF. It also adds the ability to use the Automatic transmission version Throttle Position sensor + switch combo wired to Pin 110.

Hopefully this is able to help anyone doing this swap in the future.
I've added a photo below to see a preview before downloading the PDF. I added the PDF because my images were being compressed and it was hard to read.

image.png.6df2083311f5d2194d3d7e418209bd25.png

87 Turbo Z31 Wiring Diagram.pdf

Edited by Milenko2121
Added photo and PDF in case photo size doesn't work.