HybridZ

Got my Down Pipe

scottyMIz

Guest Anonymous

Scottie-GNZ:

I saw a pic of your DP( very nice work :cool icon_smile.gif I would like to purchase one, but I will

need a 3" V-band flange to "mate"

icon_redface.gif with my turbo. Would it be possible to weld a flange to the DP?

It's installed icon_biggrin.gif I can't wait to see how much of a difference it makes.The muffler guy broke my o2 sensor so i had to buy another.He tried to get it out in one piece but the threads didn't want to leave the old dp icon_sad.gif So i got a new one but it needed one anyway.I'll post in about an hour or so to tell the performance difference if it's noticable.

WOW.....WOW...... that thing feels like a different car icon_biggrin.gif I decided to take it thru it's paces to see if there was a difference.Well just taking off from the muffler shop i could feel it went thru first QUICK.I couldn't get to second cuz of the traffic.So i head out of town to give her some gas and i stop in front of this guy's house that owns a stang a nice purple one and i just rev the old girl up and dump the clutch i sat there for a bit then started moving the tires spinning and smoking all the way with the back end fish tailing.I hit second with a chirp and second was a whole different beast clutch started to let go and slip so i let off and got back into it then came third you guys know this gear.In third i step on it and boost kinda high so i let off and turned the boost down. got back into it and major clutch slippage but still pulled like a biiiotch and harder than it ever has.Fourth was the same as third with even more slippage and fifth well i just did a small spurt and let off.MAN that pipe is well i can't even put words to it.Then i was going thru town to get alittle more cockpit time and see this Z28 go by so i think oh ya so i quickly get behind him and tail him thru the cruise route and we turn around he gets out before i could and a truck was coming inthe second lane so i tuck behind him and we get a red light(not much i can do behind him a a light)So he takes off and in a hurry i saw the car twist to the side and i take off so fast i almost rearended him(wasn't expecting that much power)we clear the truck being next to us and i go around him in second on the gas (well this part has never happend before)The back end slides out going about 45-50 mph from the boost and i'm like icon_eek.gif so i let off and let the rear stick back to the road and then get on it again blowing him away.Man what a rush i'm still shaking from the car loosing traction icon_smile.gif Scottie you are some kind of z god for customizing stuff icon_smile.gif Anyone who wants one but are not sure if it's worth it well here is proof and most of you know my mods.

Guest Anonymous

ScottieGNZ, you wouldn't happen to have another one fabbed up or could make another one? I am interested as well as my buddy, so i guess that's 2 total :-). Just give me a shout, thanks bud

Scott

Scotty,

nice testimonial. Check is in the mail icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . I saw my boost increase by 2# but the proof was in the performance numbers. With the stock T3, DP and 3" exhaust, I ran 111mph in the 1/4-mile and gained 27mph in the 2nd half, after the wheels stop spinning!!! As far as I know, those numbers have never been matched by any Z running a stock T3. The more air the turbo is moving, the more benefit you will see. So, a T3 pushing a lot boost or a T3/T04 will get the best results. My buddy Patrick's car is more proof of that. 11.74 @ 119 with a T3/T04, SDS, Spearco, DP/3" mandrel exhaust, street tires.

As a reminder to anyone interested, the DP was designed for a L28T with any turbo using the OEM wastegate in a 1st-gen Z with the Nissan tranny. Wheh! It does not fit a 280ZXT chassis or the T-5 tranny. The wastegate flange is CNC-machined SS, the pipe is lightly-polished 2.5" mandrel-bent SS, SS O2 bung and a standard 3-bolt exhaust flange.

No problem on the testimonial scottie i'll be looking for my cut of the profits icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I've been having troubles with this dang computer or else i would have left a reply sooner.It's been locking up on me alot and it's making me mad.If i had the money i'd get a new one. icon_smile.gif If i took the car out and the track was open i think i could come close if not meet your mph runs.The times that i've been getting are good just the dang clutch can't handle it.What clutch did you run when you had your L28ET?I wish the track was open still i'd go for some more runs to see if i could get mid 12's with the set up i have now.Also scottie where did you get your hybrid turbo from when you had it on your L28ET?I'm going to get a hybrid this winter and am looking for a place to get one.