HybridZ

Pics of I/C install

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My homemade reducer using alum tape, where can i find a 2.75" to 2" hose reducer?

ICInstall1.jpg

A pic showing the i/c and my dad trying to figure out what i just spent 4 hours doing

ICInstall2.jpg

A pic of my bracket, and i made a similar one on the other side. Im impressed by how sturdy it is.

ICInstall3.jpg

I guess the i/c and BOV gives away my sleeper status

ICInstall4.jpg

This shows how big the 240sx throttle body is when compared to my 2" piping.

ICInstall5.jpg

All I have to say is that at 5 psi it feels like a rocket. I was running 10 psi this morning in the cool weather and i left some big skidmarks in my pants. i raced a 5.0 w/ silver racing stripes (@ 430 in the morning, lmao) and tore him up. we raced three times, all from about 45mph up. I seriously walked away from him. the last time I stayed in fifth gear and slowly pulled to 1 carlength before i got off my exit :-).

My problem is that it detonates once the car warms up. Well not warms up but gets fairly warm. Could this be heat soak or something? it detonates at like 5 psi whenever its warm, in like 2nd gear and up. first gear is fine. Its sorta making me curious, because I am running rich so I am assuming it is airtemp related. maybe i can try an alcohol spray system on my i/c because it runs like a beast in the morning when it is nice and cool out but when it hits 80 or so outside and the cartemp is @ 180 it will just detonate. Well thanks guys and tell me what you think

quote:

Originally posted by Z_Ferrari:

I guess the i/c and BOV gives away my sleeper status[/QB]

I'm guessing the Ferrari Red is more of a "Sleeper Give-Away" than anything else! icon_wink.gif

Not to second guess your build; but what is your compression? Turbo's & high compression usually equals detonation...but wouldnt an I/C counter a high compression engine(?); I'ld think that that would depend on the efficiency of the compressor & the efficiency of the I/C.

Timing is probably an issue as Jim said earlier.

Have your tried higher octane fuels? Just throwing out ideas/my non experienced .02's worth.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still a "Non Turbo'd" Inliner)