HybridZ

HKS T-4 exhaust maniflold

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I believe HKS has made an exhaust manifold for the vg 30 engine to accomodate a t-4 turbo. Can anyone get me up to speed on the availability, effectiveness and cost of this manifold.

According to info I've seen on some other boards,HKS doesn't make the manifold anymore. It has now become the "Holy Grail" for those of us with z31's. But with all the combo's available for a T3/T4 setup, it seems the time and money spent trying to find one could be used for other gofast goodies. There are people pushing up to 500 hp and over on a VG30 with T3/T4, aftermarket EMS, and nitrous. This is the route I am going. Just my 2 cents.

Chris

Guest Anonymous

Although I am running an L28 engine, I ran into a similar situation. I am using an HKS-T04E, with the L28ET mainfold ported. I picked up a T04 flange and had it welded on after much searching. Hope this helps. smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

I put the wastegate at the bottom of the manifold, between cylinders 1 and 2. I used a dremel tool to cut the manifold, then welded the wastegate flange. The wastegate is a Turbosmart 45mm Progate :cool: , with V-band inlet/outlet. I just sent the manifold to AZ to be coated (in/out) by Jethot Coatings. I'll snap some pics when it returns. [bLOW, BLOWN, BLOWN UP]