HybridZ

Any good ideas to fit a MKIV intercooler in Z31?

Guest Anonymous

sorry, I can't help you on fitting that intercooler in place, but I don't suppose you could tell me the deminsions of it with the inlet and outlet sizes, could ya? I've been in search of a good intercooler for sometime now, but haven't been able to come up with deminsions of the one you have. thanks

I would turn it 90* clockwise to begin with, then put an immediate 90* bend on the top pipe. Open up the OEM hole on the drivers side of the radiator as big as you can get it, then run the top pipe to the TB and the bottom pipe to the turbo. Unfortunately that leaves the air filter in the engine compartment. Another option is positioning it so that the straight outlet faces down and the bent outlet faces the hole by the radiator and route the bottom pipe under the radiator support. Unless you are going for MEGA-HP, that pipe does not need to be bigger than 2.25". You can then route the TB pipe and a pipe for the filter through the radiator opening.