HybridZ

installing NPR IC

Guest sabum

Guest sabum

I have an NPR intercooler to upgrade in my 73 240Z. it is the big one with the inlet and outlet on the upper section. Approx. 2 7/8". I currently have a conquest IC installed. While I was changing my shortblock 2 weeks ago I sized the NPR up infront of the radiator and there was not enough room. The center section that goes down toward the lower valence seems to be in the way. Did anyone have any luck with this Intercooler?

Guest sabum

Awesome. That is exactly what I have and what I want to do! I love the IC piping. Where can I get that? Does a radiator shop do the welding??

Man I love this site!

Thanks.

If you look at that plumbing carefully you will see that it has no unusual bends. I bought mandrel u-bends and did the old cut and weld method. That method, however, requires the proper saw to cut the pipes, a good eye to cut the pipes at the correct angle and someone to weld them up. On mine, the welds were cleaned up to become barely noticeable before painting the pipes.

The other option is to find a shop that can mandrel bend and have them do it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a local shop that makes headers and exhaust systems. He did all of my IC plumbing with scrap bends from previous work. He TIG welded all the bends together. It came out real nice. I had all the pipes then powdercoated.

Petre

:eek:

Guest sabum

I have seen pictures of some of the piping setups from Hybrid members and they look great. I was thinking that if you weld the pieces you would get an uneven flow surface on the inside of the pipe. Is this the case and does it even matter? I will talk to a local muffler shop. Can I take the IC off that I have now and drive there without it?

Thanks.