HybridZ

hey guys can you help me turbocharge my 75z?

Guest Paul Felker

Guest Paul Felker

Hello everyone i,m kind of hew here, but ive mostly been on the ford v-8 page. OK heres the question, what do i need to do to turbocharge my datsun nono.gif . here is how my car currently sits, 75 z with a l26 block e88 head stock internals as far as i know, cam is aftermarket, tripple webbers, header, oil cooler,3 core radatior, alum fly wheel w/ centerforce clutch. In a salvage yard I found a 83 turbo complete what I would like to do is grab the ex manifold, turbo+all its little do dads, the oil pan, and the valve cover too of course, after i go get all these parts what should i do next. I would like to use the tripple webbers and get a bonnet to go on the front of the carbs, cartech makes one for this application i guess ugg.gif . Or should i just go for the whole motor or what its a f54 block with a p90 head. Also i dont have the origional fuel injection system any more(too many problems), and last i an using a msd iginition box in place of the stock ignition. soooooo where do i start i know a little bit about turbos, bou on this car with what i have im a little lost. so please put me in the right direction( sour.gif or in my place as the case may be) thank you, Im looking foward to this so all the info i can gather before I jump into this very much needed, thanks!!! hail.gif p.s. these instant gremlins are pretty frikkin cool too.

I think that you will find that everyone will tell you that if you are gonna go turbo to use the fuel injection system it came with and upgrade it from there (bigger injectors, programable computer, ect.) Don't get me wrong, I like carburetors, but in the case of a turbo system, injection is the way to go.

Guest Tim78zt

H.S., GrayZee is right! You should get the entire engine and computer and engine wiring harness out of the turbo car. It could cost you about the same anyway as getting some major pieces off the car, depending on who is selling it. Plus it will end up being less work just to swap complete motors. Then you can go for the upgrades you want like injectors and exhaust. Other stuff for your shopping list might be a manual boost controller and an air/fuel monitor.

Have fun with your project!!

Tim78zt

Guest RENN TURTON

hotshift 13

Since you have access to a complete turbo motor with all the trimming I would grab the whole motor and related hardware. Also you may want to consider the r200 diff(3.54) as an upgrade on your '75z.