HybridZ

FlowTECH Headers?

Guest gprix1

Guest gprix1

Just got my new Summit catalog today and started looking at headers. The FlowTECH headers look interesting (page 182 in the new catalog). Has anyone tried these? Do you think it would fit ok in a 240? At $134.95 for the pair the price is sure right!! just want to know if anyone has had experiance with these.

Guest gbvol54

Try a search on 'flowtech' and you'll find some useful information. Some guys use them with success but recommend the ceramic coated ones to help with heat problems under the hood. I believe JEGS has them for slightly under $200.

Rick, I've got them.

fbs01r16f21.jpg

fbs01r16f22.jpg

They clear everything on the car fine. A little tight around the plugs and very tight around the water temp senders in the heads. They are not top quality items. What do they say? "Ya gets whats ya pays fo". No regrets, ceramic coated, delivered to my door, total $197. If you have angle plugs they may not fit. I believe I've heard others say that.

Supposed to be straight plug only according to their WEB site I believe. My ceramic coated ones sdhowed up missing a weld icon_rolleyes.gif It was fixed and if I ever get off my butt to remove them they will be up for sale but at this rate it will be Spring (sigh). Except for poor quality control, needing straight plugs, and being a small diameter primary these are great headers!

Hrm, and if they hit on something, flip them side for side and they may fit better - mine fit MUCH better once flipped icon_smile.gif

Guest RON JONES

If You buy the Summit Brand name headers.Your going to get the Flowtech Headers.Flowtech makes them for Summitt.I Bought a set of Summit brand name shorty headers and they even had the flow tech tag welded on them.That was a misstake,they aren't supose to have the Flowtech tags welded on,but once in a while one slips through.Save yourself a few bucks and buy the Summit Brand. icon_biggrin.gif

I've got the the Flowtech ceramic coated headers and the clearance is great all around. As you can see, if the sender in the head was rotated a little more it wouldn't clear the header but as it is there's plenty of room. There's probably over a half inch of clearance by the steering shaft. Overall they appear to be a pretty quality product and the price is right.

v8zheader.jpg

Ron,

That's really great to know, but I also have the Summit brand of header and they have a different looking flange than the pictures. Perhaps they change them once in a while icon_confused.gif ?? Mine are several years old.

Davy

Guest RON JONES

Davy,they may have changed over the Years on both brands.We Use to have a member on this site that Has coating bussiness.He probobly is still a member,but I just havn't seen any posts from Him in a while.His name is :Talkman57(I think).He confermed this when I first bought My headers a year ago,I brought this up.He had a set of Flowtech and a set of Summit in his shop at the same time.He said side by side,they were the same. icon_biggrin.gif