HybridZ

L28 Turbo

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Is it possible to put a turbo on an l28 Datsun z engine? Its a 77 280z. From what I have read, it can be done realitivly easily, but ppl keep telling me to buy a 'turbo engine' for the car. nono.gif I don't really want to do that when I have spent the last year and a half and lots of $ getting the engine and car in good working order. I am new to this site so I'd appreicate all suggestions.

Thanks

Ethus

you can put a turbo on just about anything.I turbocharged a mazda B2000 and it worked just fine.I'm gonna do it to my friend's 82zx and just run stock boost cuz the compression ratio is higher on the n/a models.Just don't get crazy with the boost and it should be ok. :D

Guest Anonymous

That is encouraging rockon.gif Can I get any turbo, like from a turbo diesel or should I get one from a z vendor such as motorsport. What would stock psi be for an engine like that? I am figuring around 7 psi cause of the higher compression plus not wanting to strain the engine. Also, is that with or without an intercooler?

thanks for the input 2thumbs.gif

Ethus