HybridZ

good turbo size for a v8?

biohzrd

i am tinkering around with the idea of going twin turbo on my next motor. i was wondering what size some the turbo experts here think. i would like to get around 700 to 800 hp on a big inch sbc. say 377,383,406 ect....

do you think two t3's would be up to the task or would i get better results with t04's and that size...

kinda new to the turbo game so any help is great.

2thumbs.gif

goto www.sdsefi.com and look under projects.there is a 2nd gen supra in there with a twin turbo efi sbc.he used 2 turbos from a 80's tbird.if you can find a copy of popular hot rodding jan 2002 issue there is a 4th gen vette in there that runs 1300 hp.it all depends on your budget.2 t3 will be real torquey but wont make power past 5 or 600 rpm.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Hey bio, where doing a twin turbo Nova here and I'm setting it up with 2 T72/P .81, if you can desipher that code its good for 1,000hp+. Your only looking for 800hp its easy with 2 TO4E's or 60-1's if you dont want to push it. I wouldn't mess with T3's there OK fore the 5.0 guys but where talking SBC here, and strokers at that. Youll have big time wheel overspeed and way too much restriction on the exhaust...got to let those puppies breath. Good Luck.

Alex

thanks for the info.. i figured the t3's would run out of juice befor i wanted them too. as far as the T72/P .81 goes what did they come on or are they a totally aftermarket unit. i know i can get my hands on to4s and put different guts in them to get what i'm looking for. i know that the dreaded spool up really won't be much of an issue with a big ci sbc.