HybridZ

Blow through Webers?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have visited this site many times and am very impress buy the knowledge and exceptional work done to a lot of Z's. I ran a search to my question but wasn't able to get an answer so now I'm off to my first post. I have an M90 Eaton Supercharger and an Intercooler. My 260z has the stock engine in it with 60k miles. It has been modified with a cam, triple dcoe 40's, header and 2.5" mandrel exhaust. I want to bolt on the SC and set up a blow through system for the webers. With the stock compression of 8.3:1 I am hoping to get 10lbs of boost. Does this sound resonable? Has anyone done this before? Will the webers require any modifications to handle the pressurization? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesnt a eaton charger require a manifold to mount on? How will it mount on tripples? I worked with a buddy on a tripple webber turbo set up and it was a big pain in the butt. I know lots of Puerto Ricans with them on the 3TC yotas, but again they are Puerto Ricans, they come with a webber manuel at birth. Good luck...

Alex C

The c.r. is good but the L28E dished pistons are not turbo pistons and may fail. Search for the info on blow-through Webers, but including the Webers in an air plenum/box which gets pressurized is one way. Why not have injector bungs welded to the triple Weber manifold, gut and epoxy-close ports in the Webers, and use them as throttle bodies? Overall it will probably be fewer headaches. DAW