HybridZ

FD3S RX7 IC and BOV...

CU Zcar

I found a great (IMO) deal on some RX7 parts, notably the IC, BOV and piping. They guy says he's going to a salvage yard or something and can get me anything else off one I want, can anyone think of anything else that's useful for someone trying to intercool an L28ET in an early Z? I also asked for some silicone/rubber couplers to put it all together...

FYI I'm choosing this intercooler for a couple reasons:

it's really cheap

supposedly, it flows pretty well (small pressure drop)

I understand it's pretty small, perhaps it won't introduce too much lag

I figure if it is enough for a 250hp RX7, it'll do for my sub-250hp L28 until I have the $ to buy other stuff to overwork it. If I have $ for that stuff, I have $ then for a bigger IC...

Oh yeah and another question...I can get about the same deal on a FC3S intercooler and BOV from a different seller. (i.e. first post was about parts from a 3rd-gen RX7, this post is about 2nd-gen RX7) Any of you have opinions on which is better? I'm under the impression they're about the same, the 2nd gen's IC has a little larger area while the 3rd gen's IC has less frontal area, but a thicker core. Also under the impression that they flow about the same.

the BOV is about the diameter of your pinky finger. dont waste your money.the intercooler is to small , i would use a eclipse unit, at least there all aluminum.