HybridZ

Alright guys

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok guys, i've been looking and looking and i cant find any conversion kits for a 1980 280zx! i mean is this a bad car to have if you want to mod. it?

its just that i see all these mags and they are like parts for '70-'79. and i dont get it!

hehe aiight well any help on this and LINKS lots of them would be great. thx guys. peace outSIDE

-Ark

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Greimann:

Look in the Motorsport catalog, or just do it yourself. You pay an awful lot for kits that have stuff you could build or buy yourself for a lot less.

True,,,,,, true!

Mike

I have an 81 280ZX and just getting the motor to fit was pretty easy. Just keep adding spacers between the motor mounts and block till it clears the crossmember and any other obstacles (power steering box...), and bolt them to the stock locations. There is no JTR or Scarab in the ZX, this puts the dizzy right against the firewall, with maybe 1/2 in. to spare. I used 3" on the drivers side and 2" on the passenger side and it fits great with a low profile air cleaner. I would recommend a factory shop manual for the wiring, though, cuz it's giving me fits at the moment. The JTR manual has been helpful, but you cannot follow it step by step, the cars are a little different. Just do things one step at a time, overcoming the hurdles as you go, and you shouldn't have too many problems. Just be sure and double any time estimates you may have made for this project...

my $.02

Bill