HybridZ

Newbie with tons of questions

Guest blown408

Guest blown408

Hey guys. I'm currently working on a blown 408/nitroused Dakota R/T project. The cool thing is, that i'll have a 360 out of the r/t just "lying" around smile.gif

Is there any problem using the 1982 non-turbo 5 speed for a 300hp project? I don't want to make is so radical that it's a complete re-engineer, i.e. tranny, rear end, etc...

Also, is there anbody that makes adapters for the mopar swap? I think that chevy swaps do, right? Transdapt? I think that's enough for now, eh?

Guest Anonymous

Somewhere, somehow in some way you may find an adapter to fornicate a foreign six cylinder transmission to a domestic V8. They say the Borg Warner T 5 was a weak sister bumping and grinding behind the Turbo L 6. Your hair will be retained and stay the same color longer if you go MOPAR or use some adapter to mate MOPAR with a tranny of known and proven pedigree. And $$$$ ahead in the long run

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

What about a Toyota R-154 5-speed from an '87-'93 Turbo Supra? They are essentially the same transmission as the AX15 that Dodge uses in their trucks with different internal ratios. I think they even have the same bolt pattern at the bellhousing.