HybridZ

stock wiring harness

Guest 400 ci 280z

Guest 400 ci 280z

i have a 77 280z and just finished removing the wiring harness. it looks in pretty good shape other than about 5 or 6 wires that are torn up. i was going to ask is it easier to just fix the bad wires then haveing to buy the "painless" wiring harness (that i dont want to spend the money on if i dont have to). i am going to try to get a differant fuse box so i can get rid of the glass ones. if some one can give any tips or any thing it would be appreciated.

chris

b_hand.gif

Chris,

You are probably OK in keeping the stock harness (gasp) Yes, I actually said that! Fix it up and you should be fine. Replacing the fuse box is a WISE idea if it looks suspect at all. I'm a firm believer in replacing connectors and even upgrading to a more modern fuse box myself. The 280Z have newer (not much, but still...) wiring than the 240Zs. If you didn't have any other electrical issues other than the few wires mentioned, I think you'll be OK. The Painless system is for maximum insurance. If you can redo what you have, it'll be a cheap fix and, if it does not work out, you can always go to another harness like the Painless unit. Just IMO.

Davy