HybridZ

the twice pipes don't fit!!!!

Guest non visitor

Guest non visitor

what am i going to do? the exit pipes won't fit through the rear valance or whatever you call it!

i was putting them up to the rear to see what they would look like, and i realized that they won't fit!!!! am i going to have to cut up the metal to make it fit? that would suck. did anybody else have this problem with their twice pipes?

i could really use some help, thanks!

i thought these pipes would fit without modifications

confused2.gif

Guest Anonymous

I'm not sure what to tell you outside of thats a bummer and that if you do have to cut the metal, a pair of aviation tin snips cuts it pretty easily.

I had to trim mine to put the 3" exhaust thru the valance. If its a painted car, that does suck, but I'd still look for touch up paint and then cut it or maybe some sort of trim you can put around the valance cutout. Just an idea.

Regards,

Lone

nope the twice pipes sit sidde by side i had a set and i didn't have to cut up my 76z.I did have to make it fit my header but that was it and they do sound GREAT i put them on my friend's 280zx and they fit and sound great.I don't know how big the opening is for the 240z if that's what you have but mine fit perfect on my 76.