HybridZ

Dual pipe exhaust for 6cyl Datsuns

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872024291

Hooker headers w/ dual 2.5i collectors.

This gave me an idea... How bout a dual pipe system for a Z terminating in dual sidepipes or a central muffler and dual tips at the end?

Or run the pipes next to each other for better scavengin, then terminate in dual 16' borla shootout muffs? :D

With a 3bolt flange that would make piping so easy. And dual 2.5 stainless tubes? Can you say FLOW boys and girls?

Awesome exhaust work Dan. What's the basic config of your engine? All our work with the L6 says a dual exhaust kills the power, but since you have a crossover tube I'd pay to see how your system compared to a more conventional 2-1 single with your engine. Looks good.

I thought crossovers were to help the out-of-sequence-cylinder problems inherent in 90 deg. crank V-8s. Flat-crank V-8s and GT40 style exhaust systems (with one pipe on each bank crossing over and being collected on the other side) don't require a crossover. Our L6s are have even exhaust pulses for the front and rear 3-cylinder groups, so no crossover should be necessary, right? I too would be very interested in any comparison results.

Guest Anonymous

Apparently these photos are from the "Rio Vista Hob Nob" hosted earler this Spring and featured on this site.A search function will bring this and more up. The last photo is of Dan's V8 exhaust installation (since I detected a red handled crescent wrench lodged between the mufflers).