HybridZ

accel injectors

Guest empracing

Guest empracing

hey fellers i got my car going, finally!, today and now im looking for the turbo bits to add but for now im wondering about the 32lbs accel injectors, I know i need to change the rail but are they any good. My calculations come out at 441hp and thats dead on the limit of the hp ill ever need, actually i only want around 400 total. So what are they like? any body used them on a L28? we dont get much info on them over here in aussie all they ever use over here is bosch and there over priced to hell!

Guest empracing

ha i just got a calculation on my turbo requirements

at 14psi reving to 7400 it will make aroud 400hp with a TO4 v1 copressor trim p trim turbine and a hsg of around .82 sounds nice also my waste gate is made for 400 hp i think ill be going up to that limit i set my self then!!

Sorry to burst you bubble but the L6 will not make peak power past 6200rpm the cam won't let it. I would recommend trying to make the L6 make peak power at 7400rpm it will be high strung grenade. The V1 is a decent street/strip turbo I would recomend a .68 a/r with this one. It is not worth going .82 on this smaller turbo. If you want more power go T60-1, make sure you have a big intercooler, engine managment, and upgraded internals to make use of this turbo.

Guest empracing

you know i dident even think of that? the calculator might be for peak revs but it dident say i'm open to full turbocharger suggestions here i'm only restriced by the wastegate at the moment its a delta form turbonetics surposed to be good for up to 400hp its a 35mm. is a 60-1 to savage for car? the car its self is staying pretty well stock for now.

Guest empracing

oh one more thing you dident burst my bubble its all good to get propper advice if my infos wrong ide rather get it corrected than have a motor blow up in my face thanks

The calculators are decent to help visualize the concept of picking a turbo.

For question is for you what are you going to do with the car. How much time is going to be spent on the street. How much $$ are you willing to spend on it.

My package is intended to be fairly low budget with a few more dollars spent in key places.

280zxt junkyard motor

Isuzu NPR intercooler great value for price

370cc SVO injectors

Accel DFI used

T3/T04E - 57mm trim with stage III turbine .68 a/r

Larger fuel pump

Unless you plan on going with forged pistons, o-ringing the block, getting the head ported with a new cam I wouldn't recomend going to the 60-1 turbo.

The key to building a turbo car is knowing the limits of each component and selecting the proper thing. Sure I could have bought a spearco intercooler but I couldn't take advantage of it unless I was willing to switch to forged pistons to run higher boost reliably. I would recommend you do a search in here for 450cc Mercedes injectors.