HybridZ

Fuel Return on Webbers

Guest torynich

Guest torynich

All right, I have a 73 parts car with tripples and my early 74 with duals (both webbers) and I noticed that they both are set up with out a fuel return. Both have electric pumps with the manual removed. My question is, with electric pumps, how does the fuel keep from flooding out the bowl since it is just a continuous flow? I should be receiving my webber book hopefully next week and am planning on rebuilding the tripples and putting them in the 260. When I do this, should I think about installing a return?

Its a good idea. I ran for years with no return line with Zero problems.

The return line will help fight against fuel boiling when in traffic etc..(ie keeping a constantly "cooler" supply of gasoline pumping into the carbs.)

Do you have a fuel pressure regulator? if so, it should be set at 3.5psi. The reason the pump doesn't flood the carbs is the fuel pressure is not enough to overcome the pressure of the floats against the fuel inlet needle valve. crank the pressure up, and it will flood your carbs fast.

Guest torynich

OK, thank you. I do have a pressure regulator, but it is one of those round ones with the dial on the top numbered 1-5 and I dont really know what pressure the line is at, but it was set at 3 when I got it and I have just left it that way, I am planning on installing a fuel pressure gauge one of these days so I know for sure.