HybridZ

Flooding like the mississippi

Guest 280Tom'z

Guest 280Tom'z

just got my new Z thanks to the guys here at HYBRIDZ.

its a 76' with the 28lbs EFI fuel pump and no regulator i know i need one how big,what size,etc. and run a line from the fuel line to the return line with a T in it going to the carbs with a reg on it, RIGHT???.

I plan on sending these SU's to Rebello to get them to flow more but til then is there any tuning i can do to them. :confused::confused:

Those SUs need a fuel pressure of 3 to 4 psi max. I'm not sure of the plumbing details but I think you run the return from the high pressure side of the regulator back to the tank - someone correct me if I'm wrong nono.gif

Clean up the carbs, set your floats at 9/16 inch from the float bowl cover, get some SM needles from ZTherapy, adjust your airflow/mixture and you should be set. I would not pay big $$ to Rebello to modify your carbs until you are sure they are a limiting factor, and on a stock engine they are unlikely to be the limiting factor.

Also - do you have a cutoff switch for the electric fuel pump? Get either a pressure activated or inertia switch to cut the pump off in the event of a crash. Don't want to get crispy!! flamedevil.gif