HybridZ

Maybe this is for me!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello all! First off, what a great site! I recently been trying to decide what my first big car project should be. I have a friend who is a wiz with Chevy's and has access to lots of tools. I've helped him pull a 350 out of a '66 Chevy truck before. It did something to me...

I've had lots of import cars. '72 Bug, '84 CRX, '89 Prelude, '88 MR2, '88 CRX, '93 Integra. In that order. I just sold the Integra along with my wife's '96 Mitsu. Galant in trade on a '01 Nissan Altima. Now I'm left with my '73 Ford F250 with a 460 V8.

I would have been fine driving Import four bangers, except my friend with the Chevy expertise happens to have a '62 Corvette and a '57 Corvette which his brother owns. I got to drive them both about four months ago, and that also was a life altering experience.

Truth be told, the car's were old and loose feeling, but unbelievably powerful! I decided I had to have a Vette, and I'd put up with the build quality so I could have the Horsepower. I had been looking at '68-'72 Vettes and also '85-'90s as well. I thought I'd end up with one of those, but It would take a little while to get the $10g together for a decent one.

Just this week, while working on a commercial for an import shop, I was online getting pix of import cars to use in the commercial. I thought it would be cool to put an old Z in there, 'cause I always dug them....

WELL, I saw a really nice one with the V8 conversion for about $23g and I remembered the JTM conversion! Then I saw non-converted cars in nice shape listing for under $5g! Hot Damn here we go!

I hope to get a nice runner with the 6 in it sometime this summer, then put the engine together over the next year. How cool is it to buy a car that's already cool, drive it around while you prepare to make it a giant killer?

Very fookin cool, I'd say!

Anyway, I've got lots of questions, but I'll try to be good and look them up before I waste your time.

Sorry I went for so long here. Just wanted you folks to know where I was coming from.

I might change my mind about this next week, but when I found this site, It pretty much felt like destiny. I'm glad you guys and gals(?) are around for me to learn from!

Later! 2thumbs.gif

Welcome aboard! You can make a mild V-8 Z for a lot less than $23 large, you just have to know what to look for and how to do it. And let me be the first to say that you're on the right track. Have a plan of attack first, then build it. Yeah, it's a lot of fun to drive around your car knowing that in time your car will be a terror on the streets. I may not have a V-8 in mine, but I know where you are coming from.

!M!

Guest KraZ4spd

Then I saw non-converted cars in nice shape listing for under $5g! Hot Damn here we go!

You are going to have the best time!!!

you have also come to the BEST place to get your info.

From mild to wild this is THE place to be.

Word of caution though..... Don't let the wife see the receipts. ;)

Welcome aboard!! Glad to have ya!