HybridZ

Dayton Style Wire Wheels

boatbum

I finally found a source who will make real knock-offs, 72 spoke cross lace in 15x8 and 15x10 with adapters and proper back spacing for the Z. These wheels are just like the Classic Daytons for almost 1/2 the price and have either the 2 and 3 tab hub spinners.

I am ordering a set this week and will post pics when I get them in a few weeks. The price will be right at $1500 a set delivered.

If anyone else is interested let me know and I might be able to more sets.

Teo

Guest Anonymous

Teo. I already have a set of 8X15 Classic Daytons with 3 bar knock offs That came with the Blue Ray GTO kit that look reasonable but curious about the backspacing on front and back of your set. I really do not like the the offset/backspace on the rear 8 inch Daytons which is about 2 inches to get the 8 inch wheel out further.( so you could run the same size tires on all 4 corners whooptee doo). I would have prefered a rear set 10 inches wide with a 3 1/2 (or more) inch back space like the size on my Tomahawk.Ask your manufacurer to clarify this: but I understand that about all custom wire wheels with screw on hubs knock off or hex have the same style splined universal fit adapter hubs...Also see if you could get the hub adapters drilled for the dual 4 lug and 5 lug 4 1/2inch diameter pattern to lateraccomodate Maxima brakes and lug pattern upgrades.Stainless steel spokes? My Daytons were bought so long ago... they cost $1600 a set.. I have two full sets and Nezzie 76 is continually trying to talk me out of one set.

TeeZee,

We are looking at 3-1/2? backspacing per JW's VR Manual for both the front and rears (I don't have my manual with me right now)

I will check on the adapters - I just was asking for the Z pattern. I will also check on whether Stainless or chromed. I will be talking with him today.

I have been talking to a few dealers for Daytons and they are running $2400 -$2500 a set. Don't know how old you are but even if you are 30 you must have bought yours while in high school :D

Guest Anonymous

Teo....according to the VR manual, 3 7/16 inch is the OEM Datsun backspace. MY Tomahawk wheels all have 3 1/2 inch back space/specified by Rory Bateman. The 8 inch front Tomahawk wheels look good on the GTO front. Nate will be out tomorrow and we could put the 10 inch T Hawk rears on his Vello Rossa... I am sure they will look good since J Washington is recomending a 3 7/16 off set on the rear and all the way around which is only set in 1/16th more than mine with a rcomended 225/60-15 in front and a 165/50-15 in rear / My T Hawk rears have 295/50-15 Goodrich tires.... 3 1/2 inch backspace is fairly common for big tired rear wheeled cars.