HybridZ

Scarce supply of Honda trunk pulls for GTO doors.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

For Your Information: Nate and I went to a large Pick and Pull and spent the afternoon walking the entire yard scouting for various parts and found "ONLY" one old Honda Civic with the desired trunk pull for the GTO 250 door pull. The trunk was locked but.... Nate's worn out Datsun key opened it so we could remove the pull mechanisim by pushing off the single retaining clip... (but the key would not open (?) the lock again after returnning home)The Honda lock can be re-keyed for a Datsun two sided ignition key. I presently have 2 Honda trunk pulls for my GTO and seriously scouting for 2 more for the Tomahawk project since they are becoming rare these days..At least in Eugene, Oregon and there were not many newer Honda Civics either

Guest Anonymous

The Honda hatch pulls can be re-keyed for the Datsun key. The Honda pull exterior looks very similar to the MGB but the cylinders look different. How do you connect the MGB???

Do you have the pictures I sent you? On the back you'll see the plug with hex head bolt on the end. It's got a metric thread (3 x 1, I think) but you can replace it with something longer to attach an arm or whatever you like. When you turn the key, the whole plug turns 90 deg.

To attach the lock to the door, there's a large, round retaining nut with the little ears on it. the threaded part of the lock isn't very long, so it's best if you only go through 1 layer of skeet steel and/or the glass door skin. You'd probably want to rivit any brackets with belcranks or whatever to the door separately from the lock.

The Honda pulls make for a really clean and simple installation. When you see how simple and effective they are you will hit your forehead with the palm of your hand and say "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!"

Since a few of you need them, why don't you ask Jim Simpson http://www.simpsondesign.net/ if he would consider a "group buy" and save yourselves a lot of trouble and $$$.

Just a thought. weird.gif

Guest Anonymous

SpeedRacer... I have just started to look for the Honda trunk pulls..(2 of them so far) b_hand.gif ..and will have a lot of them over time since I want to do the Tomahawk too with em. Can you adapt them for the Datsun hatch?

Larry-

For the Datsun hatch, all you need is to push down on the latch machanism's button. You'll see when you get it out- just 2 screws. I used the MG pushbutton because you use the arm right off the Datsun pushbutton. The hole in the arm needed to be filed to match the flats on the MG pushbutton plug, then I mounted it with the arm pointing forward. With the key in, turn it to the 3-o'clock position & push in to open; 9-o'clock to 'lock'. No need to get a pictures- you can't see in there & the outside photo wouldn't help.

Oh, You'll need to file the hole in the hatch to match the MG pushbutton too, but be careful not to slip and make a pattern in paper or whatever so the hole matches & the lock won't be loose.