HybridZ

GTO guys, here are your gauges

Dan Juday

• 2 months later...

I was looking for some nice gauges and came across these.

http://www.stewartwarner.net/SW%20Pages/swgauge3b.htm

They have a 10k rpm tach which would be nice and authentic for the GTO. The only problem that I see is they don't have a high speed kph speedo(even though gtos didn't have speedos) and the tach isn't multiplied by 100. It's multiplied by 1000. But I reckon it'd be hard to find a x100 tach in the US.

Dick, your GT conversion looks great! I also read your review at . . .

http://www.hybridz.org/Review/0002/Ferrari_GTO.htm

. . . which I must say, is a 'super' job!

I'm currently panting after a set of quad 48IDAs from Inglese, but looking at your tri-power setup makes me think it looks just as good - without the 'huge' expense - or so I presume. What is the going rate for that manifold and three of the little Rochesters? Also, what about those valve covers (and the air cleaner too)?

My pal John Dozier and I just got back from CA where I bought my GT ready built. She's a beauty too. This is my second time around with a GT conversion on a Z-car as I sold my first in 1999 when I moved back stateside from the Canal Zone (thanks to Jimmy Carter). I owned that one since 1978 (a '73 240) and converted her to a SBC in 1982 and added the McBurnie kit (I think, it might have even been an Alphabet kit, but I don't recall off the top of my head) around 1995.

Anyway, we picked her up last week and drove from CA to AL together (and then on home to NC). Of course, there were lots of looks along the way!

If you don't mind, would you give me a call - and I'll call you right back please? I'd like to chat with you a few minutes. 910/938-3371