HybridZ

Partially-completed Velo Rossa For Sale!

John Washington

Many of you have seen the partilly-completed Velo Rossa listed for sale on my website ( http://www.reactionresearch.com/johnson.htm ). The seller has asked me to put some extra effort into selling it, and emphasize the "or best offer" part.

This is a very nicely done car on a great donor. I've personally laid eyes and hands on it, as it was put together locally.

If any of you are interested, please let me know right away, before the seller lists it on eBay and some dufus who doesn't know his rump from a bump bids it up to some crazy price!

Guest Anonymous

I've been drooling over the VR for a few months now and I'm surprised he hasn't gotten an offer yet. It's at just the place where I would want to take it over. Well good luck if I hit the lottery or something I'll definatly contact.

:(

• 5 months later...

It's BAAAAAAK!

Yes, Randy Johnson(Z Cars of Arizona)'s partially-completed VR is for sale again!

The guy who got it on eBay drove down here from Canada to pick it up, and his tow car (Chevy Cavalier, I think) was having trouble just with the tow dolly. He decided to call the trip a nice vacation (could have picked a little warmer time to be in Phoenix:) and leave the car with me to resell for him.

I've reposted it on my website at:

http://www.reactionresearch.com/johnson.htm

The seller is VERY flexible on price (but not stupid) so MAKE AN OFFER. I need to get it out of my back yard before my wife strangles me!

how do you go about changing struts on a VR? I have always wanted something similar, and came within a whisker of buying a convertible a couple of weeks ago, but the convertible allowed access to the tops of the rear strut towers.

tannji

Just like on a Z...that's one of the hidden beauties of the kit.

You are speaking of the rear struts, I presume. The only difference is that with the stock Z you can get at the top nuts vertically with an air impact wrench. With the VR tub in place, you have to use an air ratchet or the good old fashioned manual ratchet.

Is this what you mean?

thank you! yeah, thats what I meant. I saw several convertibles where they did not consider the strut, one, a long time ago in NY, had holes cut thru the sheet metal and a rubber grommet inserted afterwards =(

thanks again,

tannji