HybridZ

Calling all fiberglass Guru's!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Drewz

i picked up the fiberglass panel I had made for the rear deck on the convert. conversion I am starting momentarily and need some tips and reading material on fiberglassing techniques. I am not totally inept when it comes to bodywork and fiberglass but it has been a long time since any glass work has been done. I have experience with toppers and canoe repairs and that is it. I am also looking to bond/ glass on some flares and filled fender extensions after the roof chop thang is done. Any tips, do's and dont's, and names of books is what I am after. Thanks in advance!!! :burnout::cheers:

DrewZ

You might try a book called "Competition Car Composites" I think the author is Simon McBeath. If that not right I'll repost after I look at the book tonight.

Covers everything from mould making, different material from CSM to pre-preg carbon fiber, techniques etc. It's written for the DIY'er not the professional.

It helped me a lot.

Scott