HybridZ

npr mods

Guest storm280z

I would adivse you not to do it like scotties and in fact i dont think it will even work that way, it didnt in my 260z. HE has one end of the I/C lines up with the passengers side air duct hole, but on a car with the late 240z bumpers or larger crash bumpers there are shocks there which prevent you from moving it over that far. To solve the problem i cut two holes one either side of the radiator and ranthe pipes through there. You wont have to modify the i/C at at if you choose to do it this way. In addition i think it looks very good and allows you to center the I/C in the front of the car. Heres a few pics: http://www.geocities.com/Datsun260zt/Pics.html

Email me if you have any questions Austin_hoke@biketrials.com

Storm,

Just to add more confusion to the responses you recieved, I used the method that Scottie suggested and it worked perfectly on my 78 Z. Not sure if it matters but I bought the madrel bent IC piping from him as well. The mod for the IC can be done and those ICs are great if you can get your hands on one.

im curious as to how you could fit the large Npr in there, i havent seen a 280 but i sure couldn't get it to work on my 260z. I happy with the way mine turned and i wouldn't have done it any other way, but im just curious if it's just the 260z that won't work. Or am i just wrong?