HybridZ

this may be a newbie question.. which kit is this?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hi, i just recently bought a '75 280Z for an unbelievable price. I was originally thinking of doing a 250 GTO conversion but now i'm having second thoughts. I really like the lines of the original Z and if this restoration goes well I'd like to get another for the GTO conversion. Anyway, I was wondering what kit is on the intro page to this website? its the drawing, and it looks **** awesome! here is what it looks like from the front/side.

z.gif

anyone know?

also, any tips on restoration would be great. i've just begun tearing it down.. taking out the seats, carpet, etc. there was a lot of rust on the inside.. floorpans, spare tire well (was filled with rust water), etc. some surface rust on the exterior, nothing major though. i don't have a garage which is going to suck, but i couldnt pass up the deal! thanks in advance,

Actually, the installation of a front spoiler designed for a 240Z onto a 280Z is a bit harder than one might think. I have tried this and after buying the lower valance pieces and turn signals from a 240Z I found that they will not just bolt up to the 280Z. The major problem I found is that the 280Z radiator core support is deeper that a 240Z radiator core support. So even if you resolve the mounting issue (which would require fabrication) you still have the bottom of the core support visible from the front of the car. Not quite the effect I was going for.