HybridZ

T-Tops

Guest HueJass

Guest HueJass

Whats the earliest year for the t tops

and has anyone ever tried to install them onto an early z (240-280)

how would you?

t tops would look really slick but would it be worth it to try and install them

thanks for any info :burnout:

Guest HueJass

i wish someone cold get hold of Mr. Avery, mabye he could sell his designs or even reproduce a few copies :wink:

it would be great cause that is a really awsome looking car

:D

Do t-tops have some kind of doubler or other reenforcement? I'm just thinking that, if you didn't feel the need for clear panels, you could just take the jig-saw to the roof =o. Then some type of close-outs, seals, and some method of fastening them down. Not trivial, but cool.

Guest Anonymous

Take a look at the Feiro T-tops parts kit. It does have a complete reinforcement system. This may be a good starting point. Next time I am near a Feiro, I am going to take some measurements....

Perhaps a little modification to this kit may work. I guess a trip to the Junk Yard with a Sawzall may yeild a donor roof system.

http://www.fieroparts.com/

• 2 weeks later...

When Rory Bateman made the first top for his Tomohawk He used a t-top roof from a 280ZX. (This is on a S30 Tomohawk) He commented to me that the roofs of the S30 and S130 are very close dimensionally.

DCP_1785wr.jpg

Sorry I don't have a better pic. Pester Eric @ Zparts. He has some nicer shots.

I once let slip through my fingers a 77 Z that had a popup roof similar to that available on the 1st Gen RX7. It could be lifted at the back a couple of inches or removed and stowed in the back.

The seller wanted $500 for the whole car and I've been kicking myself ever since.

It would probably not compromise the structural integrity of the chassis at all, unlike T-tops or a targa (which is essentially the same as removing the whole roof.

One of these days I may try to cobble together something like that. As always, it kind of depends on the prospects of selling enough to make it worthwhile. Anyone interested?