HybridZ

T56 electrical connector source, and clutch hose Q.

Guest Mr. Big Business

Guest Mr. Big Business

To anybody who's using a T56, where did you get your electrical connectors/plugs for the reverse switch and speedo connector? Mine came without any. :cry:

For those of you using a Tilton MC and/or Wier bellhousing with hyd. throwout bearing, What/where/how did you get your clutch line? My tilton came with a male-male fitting that (I think) is -4 AN, and the weir clutch has what they claim to be a 'standard brake line fitting", which is a male inverted flare fitting. HELP! Should I just make the hose with aeroqip or earls braided hose and those screw-on fittings, or buy one already made? (Why are those stupid fittings so expensive? :shock: )

Thanks,

Henry

To anybody who's using a T56' date=' where did you get your electrical connectors/plugs for the reverse switch and speedo connector? Mine came without any. :cry:

For those of you using a Tilton MC and/or Wier bellhousing with hyd. throwout bearing, What/where/how did you get your clutch line? My tilton came with a male-male fitting that (I think) is -4 AN, and the weir clutch has what they claim to be a 'standard brake line fitting", which is a male inverted flare fitting. HELP! Should I just make the hose with aeroqip or earls braided hose and those screw-on fittings, or buy one already made? (Why are those stupid fittings so expensive? :shock: )

Thanks,

Henry[/quote']

For the connectors, I went to Pep Boys and looked at their assorted plugs, and found what I needed. I had to buy the pins, and plug seperate for the speedo, and make one. I think for the backup light there was on already assembled that I used. Bring the switch, and VSS with you.

I went to a local company that made hydraulic hoses, and had one made. Check your yellow pages.

Guest Mr. Big Business
Electrical connectors can be gotten from you local GM dealer.

I went to the parts counter yesterday and the dude (as usual) was completely clueless. He flipped through several books and could not find part numbers for what I wanted. A couple times while looking at stuff he'd mumble "Park-Neutral switch.." and I'd say, "It's a manual, I just need the reverse switch." I don't think he was grasping the concept of what a neutral safety switch is.

Or am I a retard, and the T56 DOES have a neutral indicator type of switch? This seems like it shouldn't be that complicated. Does anybody know of a GM (or aftermarket) part number that will work as a pigtail to plug into the T56?

Thanks,

Henry