HybridZ

New Rebuilt WC T5 Trans...and 5th Gear Just Went Out!

Guest TBroZ

Guest TBroZ

I bought a World Class T5 trans from a company on the back East, (for $1,150!) and after 5 minutes of cruising in 5th, it popped and...no more 5th gear engagement. I just think it's funny that I installed the trans last week, found that the flywheel was out of balanced, so I had to pull everything back out. I just bought new wheels and tires today which allowed me to drive on the freeway (the old tires had horrible flat spots and it was undrivable above 45 mph). I put the new wheels on, and go for a cruise on the freeway, and put 'er into 5th and after 5 minutes of cruising...it pops out of gear...never to return.

I have a 4 month warranty on the trans, but A.) Can't tell you I'm happy about having to pull the trans for the 3rd time. B.) Am curious to know what could cause it to do that. I will NOT EVER want to pull this trans again after this. If I have it fixed, reinstall the trans and it happens again, I'm commiting murder or meyhem. Just kidding of course, I'm more likely to commit hari kari.

Guest greimann

I don't have any good ideas about your 5th gear problem, but my T5 is sometimes stubborn to go into reverse. I usually touch 5th first before dropping into reverse, whic I think stops things from spinning inside.

Guest TBroZ

Well, all considered, I guess I'm alright. I spoke with the dealer that sold me the trans and they're going to send me another one (and return the original after I receive the new one)...better than having to send the orig. back and wait for them to repair it. And no cost for shipping.

You can call me the trans pull/install master after this.

TK

Guest TBroZ

The guy told me that they should be shipping the new trans today! Give it a week to ship, and allow me to re-enthus myself about getting under there for the third time, and I should have a 5th gear within two weeks.

Half of my R200 parts arrived today...I should get the rest tomorrow. That will most likely be this weekend's project.

TK