HybridZ

Engine swap on an early 70's 240z

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i'm looking to buy an early 70's 240z, you know the good looking body style. i understand that to do an engine swap in this car it needs to be relatively rust free so i'll look out for that. i was wondering about what engines can be put in and which work best. i understand chevy engines are most common, so would a nice powerful v8 chevy engine be a complicated install? and what about a dodge hemi? i just love the way those engines sound, how hard would that be to do and has it been done? i'm new to engine swaps so i most likely wouldn't be able to do it myself but if someone could explain what is needed, i.e. electrical, motor-wise, and other i'd be thankful. btw what chevy engine or dodge would be the best, least complicated, easiest fit? and how much power, wieght can the stock 240, suspension, chassis, driveshaft, tranny and all that handle?

Guest Look A Z

Just look at the forum you want an engine from and just start reading from the last page. You will find all the questions you asked already and if you dont even after all of the reading then ask the questions. Also you can use the search feature but it is not working well right now. Hope that helps.