HybridZ

Here is another 240Z.

The car is a 1973 Datsun 240Z with a champagne repaint of the original color. It has 64K original miles, many new mech parts, no rust, no accidents, and an excellent driving car. The bumpers and other chrome look like they are clean with no rust. I am going to go take a look at the car tomorrow morning. He wants $3900 for it but I hope he is flexible on that number.

Any suggestions on this one.

Marcos

fde057a9.jpg.orig.jpg

fde057ad.jpg.orig.jpg

fde057ae.jpg.orig.jpg

Guest Anonymous

This car looks better. Apparently you are going after a car that has a good appearance and mechanics. If that paint is not original color whine and whine and whine. It looks like that old ugly bronze color that was splatttered on 280 Z,s I had one and hated the color but the butterscotch interiors were nice.

Here is my plan. I would probably use the car as is until I have a house and the room to take it apart and work on it. Probably early next year. I wasn't really looking for a car that was in this type of condition(really good mechanically) so I would be able to get it for less. I was thinking that if the numbers matched on the engine and body that I would end up restoring this one and put some panasports on it. Then I would look for another one with a good body and put an LT1 in that one. That way I would have a mildly modified one and a Z-beast. I wouldn't want to mess with one that can be restored but I would want to keep it for myself if I can get it for a good deal. I was also wondering if it is about the same amount of work to put a V8 into a 240Z of any year or did the body type vary that much within the production years. What do you guys think because I pretty sure this guy will not budge much on the price if it is in really good condition. What do you think would be a fair price for this car if it has no rust, a good interior, and runs really good.

I hope that everyone is able to view the three images perfectly because I have problems when I open up the post. Sometimes one image shows, other times two images show, and very rarely did all three images come up. Let me know if you are running into this problem and if you have any ideas why this is occuring.

Thanks for the replies,

Marcos

Guest jwelch

Marcos,

Do you have a daily driver now? If not is this going to be your daily car?

I had 2 Zs at once (1 6cyl & 1 V8) and found that I always wanted to do something to the V8 but didn't have the money to fund both vehicles. If you already have a daily driver then I would use that cash for a V8 Car. I think I saw one in Oregon for 2500.00. The car in your pics. looks nice but I still say you should find someone in your area with a V8 and go for a ride before you lay down the cash.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Good Luck

John

77 280V8Z

66 383 Charger

2thumbs.gif