HybridZ

T5 failure

Guest Carrman

Guest Carrman

:(

Hey gang, just returned home with my 280ZT on a trailer. Seems my Borg Warner tranny decided it was unhappy, and didn't want to work anymore. I was climbing a small mtn pass, in 5th gear at about 65, when I just started slowing down quickly, like the brakes were applied. Felt like the back end started to slide, so I put the clutch pedal in and dove over for the emergency lane. Got stopped, and now it feels lke the trans is locked in 5th gear. It tries to move if the clutch is engaged even with the stick in neutral. It does not want to shift into the gears hardly at all, engine running or not. I know the B/W is not meant to be shifted hard, or slammed into gear at all, so I have been very gentle with this trans since I put it in. There have been no wanring signs at all, and the trans fluid was a nice healthy red color when the car was serviced 2 weeks ago. And yes, I have run ATF in it. Any ideas?