HybridZ

minimum L6 cylinder wall thickness?

I'm having my block ultrasonically tested and would like to get an idea from those who know what I should consider a minimum thickness. The builder wants to bore (hone?) at least .25mm (.010") to clean up gouging from the #1 piston, which had been in contact with the conrod (not properly clearanced).

Note that I put 50+ track days and ~50k street miles on this engine before the lack of oil pressure during right-handers caught up with me and I lost the #1 rod bearing, so I wonder if I should even worry about this...

Thanks,

I have this same question, as I'm about to make a decision on a bore size for my stroker.

Talking to my machine shop guy , he says that .200" minimum wall thickness is the rule of thumb.

I'd like to hear some more input as to the size of other people's thumbs.

So far I've gotten .200-.250, and .180 minimum from one reliable source, .090" from another source, and ~.150"/.100" minimum from Nissan Motorsports, with the caveat that consistency is important (i.e., .100 on one side of the bore and .200 on the other side might not be so good).

My block is about to be checked, I should have numbers tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. REALLY hoping it looks ok to go another .020" so I can use KA24E+.5mm pistons. Not going with forged since I learned that some KA24E race motors rev to 7400rpm reliably with STOCK pistons. That's a much longer-stroke motor than a 3.1 (96mm vs. 83mm).